Sunday

Sinking

Nothing’s here to stay. Wish I’d known so much more than all I’ve known all this while. Life’s moving fast.. the smiles I see around me will soon be a thing of the past, cherished or simply forgotten. I’m walking down a lane where yesterday.. wait.. even a half hour ago seems like a distant memory etched on the walls of my heart. Never knew life could be this good, so complex and yet so simple. It’s amazing how we've managed to crawl our way through the toughest of times without even realizing the gravity of circumstance. I’m lost.. my eyes well without reason. I want to cry today.. cry out in gratitude for all I’ve seen, for all the moments I’ve seen myself being torn and made strong, for every second that served me little joys, fickle uncontemptuous laughter and a company I could have never imagined I could call my own someday. Life moves on faster still as I write. Wish it could all just stop for a few hours. Wish I could see life flash by before me like a movie or a book I could turn back when I felt the need to live it once more. I’m sinking but there's happiness within.. never found something so hard to explain.. I look around and see those I love falling, only to rise again.. to touch the skies.. shining brighter with every passing day. I’m grateful for being able to share this life with people who acknowledge the value of all we have and all we can possibly do. Life’s inconsistency irks me sometimes.. its strange how we have to move on just when we find our bearings.. a never ending journey in search of that perfect place which sadly though, exists for a chosen few.. as I travel through time with the rest of the world, I know I’m ready to face whatever tomorrow has to bring but I will miss all I have now. It’s incredible how I’ve found perfection this soon. Wish it could all just remain. Maybe I just don't want to move on to something better. Maybe the life I live now with all its pain and trials is all I ever wanted.. cuz when I put it all together, I’ve always managed to find a reason to smile.. and at the end of the day I know I’ve traveled far ahead of where I was when it began..

3 comments:

nirmal said...

hey this is gr8, better reading pleasure this time, more work to do

Lavanya said...

Very intense, yet interesting...Keep writing in such good stuff!..

Shruti Kedia said...

ur simply amazing...it brings da truth of life....it express da feelingsof every heart...old or young...gr8...truth of life..truthof every passin moment....